Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Total Money Makeover

So, I had a subscription at one point to TMMO. It's 9.95 a month and I canceled it. I've been debating for the last few months on renewing the subscription, so I sat down and looked at my budget. I have a subscription to Netflix and Tivo. Both of which really aren't helpful to my pocket book and I'm debating on canceling either or both of them. I figured if I'm going to spend $5 on netflix and $12 on tivo that spending $10 on TMMO shouldn't be a problem. After all, one is going to help me in the long run.

This morning I logged in and renewed and updated my steps, I've paid off some small debts since I had been on there. I like seeing the progress and I love the forums and chatroom, its always fun to get that WAY TO GO!!! when you accomplish something. I also love being able to bounce ideas off of other people.

I have found that creating a budget each month is working. I had an epiphany this morning while filling out the gazelle budget on TMMO, I could make the numbers work. I have a zero based budget. Its become natural for me to sit down at the beginning of the month and write out the budget. I usually use the gazelle budget lite on dave's site while I'm at work and print it out, then go through and double check it. Its happened slowly and without me realizing, but I have a budget that works.

I still love GNUcash for tracking purchases. Its a lot like quicken in that it offers dual entry accounting.

I'm such a number nerd. :D

1 comment:

Ninja said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm adding you to my favorites also. The more people I can follow, the better.

I am a TMMO member and I love it. The people over there have great ideas and advice. I just need to keep my non-Christian, liberal leanings to myself (and I mean that in the most lighthearted of ways!). ;)