Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Making some cutbacks

So, I've been looking for ways to save money, I'm really starting to feel the panic set in of having enough and being able to pay for everything. So, I called the phone company to downsize my landline. I was paying for long distance that I wasn't using so I just wanted to go back to basic. Will be saving about $40 a month. I'm going really gung ho on savings. Putting $50 a week in a savings account, so $200 a month. I'm contemplating giving up having my nails done, I love it, but its really draining my cash flow. So, redone expenses budget

Tithing $120
Savings $200
Rent $277
Electric $70
Gas $50
Groceries $100
Phone/Internet $90
Cell $60
Fuel $100
Blow $50
Debt payments $200


I think that's it, but if anyone has any other ideas feel free to let me know

2 comments:

le35 said...

You have such a great plan with budgeting. Have you gotten your $1000 emergency fund yet? If so what if you put $100 in savings and another $100 toward your smallest debt? That way the snowball would roll faster. The savings is a really good idea though.

Crisanja said...

I had to dip into my e-fund, so I'm basically starting from scratch again. The savings right now is really showing me discipline. I've got an auto draft of $50 every week, and I keep having to tell myself that I can't change it. Because savings is very important. As soon as I get to $500 in the e-fund, I'll use your suggestion.