Saturday, June 28, 2008

Making cutbacks: revisited

Remember a few posts back I mentioned that I had cutback on my landline plan? I thought the savings would be about $40. I got the bill the other day and I was surprised and pleased to see that instead of the usual $120, it was $48. A savings of $70!!!! So, now my living expenses look like this:

Tithing: $120
Savings: $200
Rent: $277
Food: $100
Electric: $60
Gas: $50 (I'm just paying a flat amount, its actually about $12 for the summer months)
Cell: $60 ( I found out I get a 17% discount through work)
Landline/Internet: $48

Total: $918

Plus $100 in debt payments.

Its definitely worth it to get discounts, and to call companies to see if you can get a better deal.

2 comments:

le35 said...

Way to go, Crissy! $30 more a month to the debt snowball. YAY!

Our Corner said...

Hi Crissy,
I found you through Ellie's blog. It sounds like your doing really well. Keep up the good work and smile lots. :) we love ya